Mrs. Rogers 7th and 8th grade Math
Be sure to check Canvas for daily announcements.
Please create an observer account to see your child's work, grades, due dates, etc
Week at a Glance
Math 7: Students will continue work in the Eureka Math curriculum. We will begin Module 4 (Percent and Proportional Relationships) Topic A (Finding the Whole). The Module 4 Test will be April 20th.
- Module 4 Lesson 4: Students solve percent problems when one quantity is a certain percent more or less than another. Students solve percent problems involving a percent increase or decrease.
- Module 4 Lesson 5: Students find 100% of a quantity (the whole) when given a quantity that is a percent of the whole by using a variety of methods including finding 1%, equations, mental math using factors of 100, and double number line models. Students solve word problems involving finding 100% of a given quantity with and without using equations.
Math 8: Students will continue work in the Eureka Math curriculum. We will begin Module 5 (Examples of Functions from Geometry) Topic A (Functions). The Module 5 Test will be April 19th (Hybrid A group) or April 20th (Hybrid B group and LVLA).
- Module 5 Lesson 2: Students know that a function assigns to each input exactly one output. Students know that some functions can be expressed by a formula or rule, and when an input is used with the formula, the outcome is the output.
- Module 5 Lesson 3: Students relate constant speed and proportional relationships to linear functions using information from a table. Students know that distance traveled is a function of the time spent traveling and that the total cost of an item is a function of how many items are purchased.
Math 7/8 Accelerated: Students will continue lessons and quizzes in Edgenuity. You can find the required assignments and pacing in your Course Report. The Module 9 Unit Test will be Friday, March 12th.
- Module 9 Lesson: Writing and Solving Systems
- Module 9 Lesson: Exploring Systems in the Real World
- Module 9 Lesson: Using Technology to Solve Systems
- Module 9 Unit Review
Math 6/7 Accelerated: Students will continue lessons and quizzes in Edgenuity. You can find the required assignments and pacing in your Course Report. The Module 9 Unit Test will be Monday, March 8th. The Module 10 Unit Test will be Wednesday, March 17th.
- Module 10 Lesson: Negative Numbers in Real-World Contexts
- Module 10 Lesson: Integers on the Number Line
- Module 10 Lesson: Plotting Positive Fractions
- Module 10 Lesson: Plotting Positive and Negative Fractions
- Module 10 Lesson: Comparing Rational Numbers
You will need to login to your account.